One of the great things about blogs is the ability to post comments and have a discussion. I like hearing from readers (if they’re not a pain in the rump steak), but some Bloglanders are clearly in need of guidance so here it is.
The same things apply when using my contact page.
Rule #1: This is my blog and I make the rules 🙂 (I’m a classical liberalist so I’m hot on property rights).
Rule #2: Polite, civilised, and intelligent comments are welcomed.
Rule #3: All other comments will be dealt with as I see fit.
Here’s some guidelines:
- do make polite, civilised, and intelligent comments
- do feel free to politely disagree with my opinions or politely point out errors
- do feel free to ask questions if you genuinely want to know the answer
- do enter into reasoned debate which is polite, civilised, and intelligent
- do keep it clean, it’s a family show
- do try to make this blog a pleasant place for everyone
- don’t attack me personally. You’re welcome to politely disagree with my opinions but character assassination is unacceptable
- don’t comment on areas of my life about which you know nothing. Numerous commenters have already done this and, apart from the fact that I consider it unacceptable, it ruins their credibility when they make pronouncements in total ignorance
- don’t make ad hominem (against the man) attacks against other people
- don’t make off-topic comments unless there’s a good reason to go off-topic
- don’t engage in link whoring which does not contribute to the topic under discussion
- don’t troll, i.e. comment for the sole purpose of provoking a reaction or causing a disruption
- don’t use the comments facility as a means of making vituperative attacks against Christians, Christianity and God. I don’t mind reasoned debate and/or a politely stated anti-Christian opinion, but comments of the “All Christians are bigots” variety aren’t welcome. This blog is not a place for people to express their hatred of God and/or his followers. Quite apart from that, such comments make me yawn. The same things apply to creationism and creationists
- don’t post advertising, you will be banned in a blink
- don’t post under multiple identities, you will be banned in a blink
People who breach these guidelines may be banned without warning.
Adding your email address and web address to your comments:
This is optional but will give you more credibility. Only I will see your email address and I won’t part with it for a penny less than the amount of the US national debt.