The story so far:
- Labour and the Greens rammed through Sue Bradford’s anti-smacking bill despite the opposition of more than 80% of NZers.
- this has resulted in the persecution of parents: see here
- a petition has gained the signatures of more than 300,000 people, which is enough to trigger a Citizens Initiated Referendum regarding whether or not smacking should be legal
- Helen Clark is trying to delay the referendum
- public opposition to the anti-smacking law is still over 80%
- now, have a look at Sue Bradford’s utter, unabashed, arrogance in the video below. It encapsulates the Marxist attitude of Labour and the Greens so well, i.e. the government knows what is best for you. Don’t forget to stand to attention while she is speaking.
Click here to download the video (AVI 5.9 MB)